Tuesday 16 October 2012

Conquering the World!

Bit weird name for a fashion article? Have you ever heard of the saying "Give a girl the right shoes and she can conquer the world". That's my topic for today. What makes the right shoe? Does it have to be: comfortable, pretty, high, low, colourful or platform? I know I've spoken briefly about shoes before but today I want to get more into the shoes that I own, in particular high heels and trainers. I'm the sort of girl that obsesses over heels, but I also love wearing my Converses. 
 
The shoes people like can vary on their personality and interests. For example, if you're a sporty person trainers are clearly the ones for you. If you love heels and wear them all the time, you'd be quite an organised, have-to-look-amazing-all-the-time sort of girl.  I own many shoes but I often get stuck about what outfit goes with the shoes. Don't you? I mean you have the nicest pair of pink flats - but er, what goes with them - you can't wear black skinny jeans with everything, can you?  Hmmmmm .. I have selected the different types of shoes I own which you can see below:



These are the first pair of shoes that I own. They're light blue as you can see and they're from Shoe Dazzle. I got them for £12 in a sale. I love these shoes because they go really nicely with a LBD - it breaks the colour. Also it looks nice with a blue skirt that I have. These heels are definitely one of my favourites! I wore these shoes to a party I went to recently and it looked amazing - I wore a totally black outfit with these shoes and a clutch bag which is the same colour. Colour blocking is something I love to do (I'll write a seperate article on how to do this correctly). I think having a bright coloured pair of shoes is a must have in every wardrobe!









As much as I love heels, I do love trainers. I know that Vans aren't exactly trainer trainers, and are more so casual shoes but OH MY GOD they're amazing. They go with so many clothes. Originally when I got my vans I used to think, hmm what am I supposed to wear? I live in my black skinny jeans and I can't wear navy with them. However Vans go so nicely with blue jeans - of any shade, and jeggings! I normally wear these shoes with a white top, navy leggings and a nice scarf if it is cold. The same sort of things apply with Converses. I don't get why people wear Converses/Vans with dresses -  just NO! These sort of shoes are perfect for a casual day out shopping or going to the cinema. Even if you can't afford the original pair of Converses or Vans because they are pretty pricey, many stores do replicas. New Look do nice high tops for £7 in a range of different colours - definitely a good pair of shoes to have in your wardrobe.


 
Yes, I'm on the Wedges hype! I absolutely adore Wedges - even though I have to admit that some look terrible! But I guess it depends on the colour and style. I love wedges because as you can see from the pair on the right (Newlook £25), they give you height yet can be casual shoes. When you go shopping with your friends, you can't exactly go in your highest heels without feeling a bit silly, but with wedges you can still be tall and be casual! These wedges actually go with nearly everything. Apart from skinny jeans, you can wear wedges with a dress - depending on the style. With the wedges on the left, because there are cut out bits at the front they can be seen as dressy and they're comfortable! Wedges have randomly come about lately and I think they are fantastic! They aren't a must have but can me an amazing subsitute for high heels. Who'd have thought that you didn't need to have sore feet the next day to have amazing shoes? Win-win situation ;)
  
 
These are all the different types of shoes I have, of course I have more pairs of heels, trainers and wedges - some of which you'll see in future articles. Any more shoe dilemma's feel free to email me (email address is in the previous article) .. Thank you for reading! x

6 comments:

  1. I have a pair of bright neon pink heels, I don't know what colours to wear them with when I go out because I don't want to look too bright. What do you think?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I understand your problem - I had the same dilemma. I think that you should wear them with a totally black outfit, they would be the statement of your outfit and emphasise how gorgeous your shoes are! I definitely think you should stick to dark colours - black and grey. Hope that helps:)

      Delete
  2. i have a pair of lace shoes but i dont know how to style an outfit with them :( can you help?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Surprisingly lace is an easy material to work with! It depends on the colour and style of shoes, but they could go nicely with a LBD (little black dress), or with a pair of coloured skinny jeans and a plain top. Hope that helps:)

      Delete
  3. i love your blogs! you have soooo much variety and enthusiasm!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, I hope my blog helps you! Thank you for reading x

      Delete