Monday 23 July 2012

Stereotypical Fashion

Pauls Boutique. When you hear those two words do you think chavchavchav or do you think lovelovelove?  Some of you may know that Pauls Boutique had a sample sale last weekend in London, and as a total fashionista I decided to go! However, I’m not Pauls Boutique’s biggest fan – I see a lot of people (that I wouldn’t want to be associated with) wearing their PB quilted jackets, carrying massive handbags saying ‘I LOVE PB’. This gives Pauls Boutique as a whole a bad reputation!  I asked ten people of all age groups and they agreed. They wouldn’t think of wearing Pauls Boutique.
One thing I’ve learnt by writing this blog is that when dealing with fashion you have to keep an open mind because you may love something that you never thought you would, and fashion is about exploration (that's no excuse to look bad LOL).
  I was going through the Pauls Boutique website, looking at the handbags and I actually found some really pretty handbags - instead of being 'chavy' they’re REALLY elegant!  When I hear people saying that ALL PB bags are 'chavy', it’s annoying but it's actually really stereotypical!
Anyways, when I went to the sample sale there were some brand new bags at heavily discounted prices. I brought two bags which you can see below:
  
This is the first bag that I brought. It's called Holly, and on the PB website it's £60. At the sample sale I got this for £20 - BARGAIN! I really liked this bag straight away because it's not a typical PB bag, it's elegant and the colour scheme is beautiful! I haven't seen anyone carry this bag in this colour - how many navy and nude bags do you see around? I also really like the quilted look (as you know from my Vintage article). The straps are really cute as well - it's very Chanel;) .. I would wear this bag with a nice top, navy blazer, jeggings or shorts with navy shoes. In my opinion navy and black don't go together so I wouldn't wear this with black jeans.

The other bag I got is called Bridget and on the PB website, sells for £70. I got this one for £25 - another bargain! I really liked this bag because the Tan colour has really come back into fashion, and it looks really elegant! It's not an out there PB bag - it's overall elegant. I used to have a bag like this from Primark (£3) but obviously the cut of this bag is much prettier! I'm going to use this bag as a school bag because I can get SO much in this. But I could also take it out, and I would wear this with black jeans, black heels, a cream with bangles. At some point I'll upload pictures of me wearing both bags with appropriate outfits.

Still think Pauls Boutique is for chavs?  Don't get me wrong, some bags are out there but others are fashionable! Want to see more? On the Pauls Boutique website, all their bags are on there and even though they are a bit pricey, sales for Christmas will start soon so look out for that and they should have another sample sale at some point! One way to find out to all you need to know about sales, discounts and events is applying to the mailing list which should be on each website - this applies for all shops! About 30 emails from shops come to me each day so I know everything straight away! Remember to keep an open mind fashionistas;) -  Thank you for reading x

2 comments:

  1. im happy that someone finally looks at these kind of brands with a fresher interpretation! you're making me want to buy one now :) x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've always thought that it's good to look at fashion with an open mind and not follow the crowd! Glad you enjoyed the piece; thanks for commenting! X

      Delete