Thursday 16 August 2012

Hollister Hype


I'M BACK!!! For the past two weeks I’ve been on holiday in Canada (hence I haven’t been blogging). It was absolutely gorgeous! One thing I noticed while I was out there was that everyone wore Hollister! Recently the same this has happened in England. Hollister hoodies, Hollister shirts, Hollister joggers, Hollister t-shirts, and everyone even smells of the same thing – Hollister fragrances!   Hollister has recently become the new ‘must have’ designer, but is it really all that? Don’t get me wrong, I have some Hollister clothes in my cupboard but I think that it’s a bit overrated?  So Hollister sell beachy type clothes – lose clothes, but they’re actually pretty comfortable. I have turquoise and grey Hollister cuffed jogging bottoms and a couple of tops, however I’ve seen girls and boys who have nothing but Hollister in their wardrobes! Hollister isn’t cheap either, as the brand is accepted as a designer and therefore people compete to have the best of their garments paying whatever will be asked. 

The shops have a well thought out, consistent and maintained theme however each time I go into the shop I feel like I need to take a torch because I can’t see anything including the prices. I get that it’s part of the theme but even beaches have sunshine so lighting should be at a more appropriate level. Most shops have a camera which shows a live beach and what’s happening there. Do you not agree that this is quite pointless? Britain hasn’t got the best of weather – it’s mostly raining with the occasional break of sunshine so I don’t really get the hype. It personally doesn’t make the shop any more authentic for me, it just makes me want to go on holiday!  The people in there wear close to nothing (LOL) sticking to the theme: bikinis, shirtless boys with beautiful six packs (they’re selective on the people that they hire if you haven’t already noticed), short dresses, shorts and that sort of thing. The nearest beach to my house is 4 hours away! Meaningless much?  

Here are pictures of most of the Hollister clothes I own, all of which I got in sales!  Thing is, some may think Hollister isn’t overpriced but I’m not rich so I wouldn't spend £50 on one item. I agree it’s more affordable than some shops, but I still don’t think it is worth it. I’d rather spend that money on nicer tops in Primark, New Look or H&M – it’s not just about the brand.  Waiting for sales means that you can spend that £50 on more than one garment. At some point, all their clothes go on sale because they have new stock.




Hope you like my clothes, I’ll try and blog again asap! Thank you for reading x 


No comments:

Post a Comment