Tuesday 4 September 2012

Summer Lovin'

Hey guys! I know I haven't blogged in a while, been really busy with school and stuff - I'll promise to try and write more ... Anyways, over this Summer we've had some really nice weather, and it keeps going on - luckily.  Therefore majority of girls are wearing dresses; I look at some and just think "Why would you do that to yourself?" It's good to have guts and dress the way you want but come on - there are limits! So I feel that it's important to talk about Summer Dresses today. Yes it's true that if you look in a fashion magazine, you'll see everyone else writing about the same thing - I'm different because I don't choose £200 dresses. I live in reality just like ordinary people! 

The first thing I think a dress needs to have is a nice and elegant neckline, not one that shows a lot of clevage - it's tacky. A sophisticated round line neck is perfect - it suits all ages! It doesn't show too much flesh but it doesn't cover up a lot either so you won't boil. Also, it needs to be the right length. If it's a finger length above your knee then it's too short. I'm down for tanning but showing too much flesh can look vile.  It's all about the cut of the dress, and everyone has their own taste.

The right dress will have the right colours/pattern on it. For Summer I think that floral prints are beautiful - it's like a theme! Below you'll see a floral print dress that I have, which was £7 from Matalan. I don't normally shop there but I thought this dress was lush!  When the sun's out, it automatically puts me in the best mood ... I like to wear bright colour dresses - pinks, oranges, light blues, etc - hot colours. One exception would be wearing black, even though it absorbs heat and you may begin to feel hot, black matches anything and could easily be livened up with jewellery or shoes. I have worn black in the heat before, but it wasn't plain. It's a zebra print dress with a black chiffon skirt from New Look for £10. Animal prints? I'm not a huge fan of them, but this dress couldn't be worn with leggings or tights so Summer seemed to be the only acceptable time.

























Material is another important factor. I've seen some girls who wear dresses made from wool. REALLY?! Cotton or chiffon are suitable materials that won't stick to your body. Instead it should flow down your body is a lady-like manner and show off your curves.  The last factor that completes the outfit is the shoes. Girls, don't wear dresses with trainers or boots - it doesn't match.  A pretty pair of sandles, plain or embroided would look elegant and would give that dress the finishing touch.

I hope that's helpful for anyone who's stuck on finding a suitable Summer dress. If you have any problems then comment and I'll give you personal feedback. Furthermore, if anyone would like me to talk specifically about one thing then don't hesistate to comment either. Thank you for reading x

2 comments:

  1. what would you suggest to wear with a white lace top? i.e. what colour leggings, shoes, cardigan possibly? i personally think white leggings are vile, so any opinions? x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love lace! I have to agree with you on that - majority of the time I can't stand white leggings! However black leggings are AMAZING - I have 3 pairs which I practically live in! I think you should wear this top with black leggings, black heels/flats, a black cardigan and a white or black bag. This way with everything else being black you have no clashes in colour and your top will be the statement of the outfit! If you need any more help then comment again or email me at fashionwriter@hotmail.co.uk - thanks for commenting! X

      Delete